CS373 Summer 2018: Diemi Pham - Week of 25 Jun — 01 Jul


Week of 25 Jun — 01 Jul



1. What did you do this past week?

In the past week, I and my team worked on SWE project 2 and completed it eventually. It was pretty interesting to work with people I never worked with before. We even did not know each other until the group was formed a week ago, but we got along quickly and worked so well together it seemed. I liked my team though honestly. Even though everyone had very different personality and it was a bit tough getting to know each other at first, but it would be worth it and we would be a successful group I believed.

2. What's in your way?

The biggest thing was I did not know what was in my way actually. Just kidding lol. I realized thinking and worrying a lot about something did not help me do better but even worse. A Vietnamese musician said that "Life is too short, choose one and go!" No matter what I worried about, no matter what I wanna do, TIME has been still FLYING!! So, choose one, and go!

3. What will you do next week?

I have an exam for SWE tomorrow and a final for another class on Thursday, so I gotta prepare for them for sure. However, I am gonna watch the firework with my sister and my cousins and our friend on the fourth of July, I am so excited and can't wait for it lol but I gotta study for the exam tomorrow first. Also, I and my "Google 2" team will probably start the SWE project 3; there must be a lot of fun. Moreover, I am gonna work on a side project with my friend, who is currently out of town for his internship, as well. Maybe we will have a face-to-face meeting next weekend. And finally, one of my class for second summer section, which is off campus, will start on Friday.

4. What was your experience of Project #1 (the problem, the overkill requirements of submission, and the grading) 

During the project 1 process, I learned why to approach the best solution at first even though I did not get the best. Otherwise, I familiarized myself working with GitLab and Hackerank, which would be used for SWE exams. Talking about Hackerank, it was an interesting application in my opinion; it obviously gave us simple test cases to test our correctness but hid the harness tests for efficiency until we submit the code. So unless we submit the most efficient code, otherwise we would fail all harness tests.

5. What's your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week?

My tip-of-the-week is being willing and pleasured to learn something new. Everything starts with a small step, then little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages