Week of 02 Jul - 08 Jul
1. What did you do this past week?
In the past week, I had test #1 for SWE and the final for my History class. Both of the tests were not too difficult but I did not do well on SWE for some reasons. Also I met my SWE group, "Google 2", to discuss the next phase of our IDB project; during the discussion, we gave feedback to our user-stories given by our customer as well as gave our developer, SocieTree, some more new user-stories which focus on the API; finally we divided tasks into three main parts (front-end, back-end, API) and assigned each part to a pair of team members based on their interests. Besides school projects, I also had another meeting with a partner for another project; we had some major changes with our issue board after digging deeper into our user-stories and the technologies we had been using, flutter and firebase. Moreover, I spent pretty much time with my family because we had a guess, a friend of my sister, came to visit us during the holiday.
2. What's in your way?
Working on projects and studying for exams during the holiday was so much distracted especially when there was guess come to visit us. Indeed, it was also hard to have all group members gather together. Another thing that annoyed me was that the book I was looking for at the library disappeared for some reasons and we could not find it.
3. What will you do next week?
Next week I am gonna start a humanity class for second summer section and keep focusing on the SWE project which is due on Thursday, also keep working on my other project at the weekend with my friend.
4. What was your experience of Test #1 (the multiple-choice questions, the coding problems, and the use of HackerRank)
The test was not very hard or tricky itself. The multiple-choice questions were straightforward and spread over the assigned readings and materials we covered in class. By the way, the coding problems made me realize that I did not practice enough for the class in general and for the exam particularly; it took me almost an hour to figure and fix just one line of code and the concept of the problem though. Otherwise, it was a good experience for me; at least I would know how well I gotta prepare for the next test.
5. What's your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week?
My pick-of-the-week for this week is an All-in-one Messenger app which helps us gather most common messenger apps into only one application. This All-in-one Messenger app is being still developed and need more feedback from users. I have been looking for an app like this for a long time and just started using it recently. Hope it helps me get rid of using a bunch of messenger application for each of the groups I work with.

No comments:
Post a Comment