Week of 09 Jul - 15 Jul
1. What did you do this past week?
This past week was a crazy week working on our SWE project, Mibrary. Besides this project, I also did a bunch of orientation, syllabus, and couple of first chapter quizzes for my Humanities class, which was an online and pretty easy class to take with SWE in my opinion.
2. What's in your way?
Even though our team has been communicating great, we did not effectively assign tasks to each member; and the results were that we had someone's tasks were overlapped with another's while some other tasks were done by no one.
3. What will you do next week?
Next week, I am gonna stay focus on the SWE project which is due on Thursday as well as get some more quizzes done for my Humanities class. Also, my IOS class is going to start tomorrow; I have heard this's not a hard course but very fast pace because it's a six-week class.
4. What was your experience of Project #3 (setting up two Docker environments, consuming your own API, implementing your customer's user stories, providing user stories to your developers)
For Project #3, I was doing the API part, building our own RESTful API and consuming it on our website. I learned a lot of API tool that was totally new to me, such as PySQLite, marshmallow which was used to produce a nice JSON format, request, etc. Beyond the fact that my team was working very hard, we still had troubles when working together as a team, that was what we have been learning during this semester. Also, I learned how to set up a Docker environment for our project even though I was not very good at doing it (LOL).
5. What's your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week?
My pick-of-the-week for this week is MySQL Workbench, which is a very useful and friendly GUI tool to manage either local and online database; my team has been using this tool to manage our AWS database for the SWE project.

No comments:
Post a Comment