Week of 18 Jun — 24 Jun
1. What did you do this past week?
This past week I worked on the the first SWE project, Collatz, but I did not approach the best optimization; in other words, I did not finish that theorily. However, our group had some productive discussions for the next project and welcomed a new member to join the team.
2. What's in your way?
I did have a lot of things in my way. Personal stuffs were the biggest things specially. There were somethings that I could not just leave them on the side and think about them later. However, dealing with this kind of issues,shrinking and stretching my tight schedule, was also a soft skill that I need to practice more. Another problem was we still did not have our project proposal yet. It was not easy to figure out something that unique and provide "community service" in my oppinion though. Even though we did come up with some interesting ideas, but considering their realities and usages as we were the users was another story. Especially, when our group could not discuss face-to-face and slack's notifications were suck, either the phone app or web version. But we learnt how to ignore the annoyance to have fun and productive work with it by the way.
3. What will you do next week?
Next week I am gonna get a new computer and do the settings again. I know it is not a good idea for changes in the middle of works, but my computer is not working well currently and I do not wanna lost my stuffs on flying. One of the most important tasks for the coming week is to complete phase 1 of our swe project on time. We started slowly, are working gingerly, and will finish fast; keep it in mind and we can do that hopefully LOL. Another task is to pay more attention to my other projects though. It happens usually when we care more about what will be graded or judged actually.
4. What did you think of the talk by Miriam, Nalini, and Shan?
The talk reminds me the fact that there are many paths that lead to the same destination. I have been thinking a lot about my career path, about what I wanna do, what I can do, and what I should do. However, who knows what is waiting for me ahead. Life is too short; choose one and go. Also their experience on human management is very impressive; and it may help us work better together during the semester and in the future as well.
5. What's your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week?
My tip-of-the-week is read the instructions multiple times, as much as I can, before and during any project's process even though it gets boring sometimes (most of the time to be honest). I have learned that following instructions word by word and sentence by sentence is really a big benefit of doing things correctly and successfully. As a matter of fact, instructions or directions are written to be read and followed, not just to be typed, printed and looked at.

No comments:
Post a Comment